|Title:||Senior Manager, Finance|
SPP is a joint venture between Cascade Investment LLC, and Jeff Vinik. The firm was formed to create a visionary new commercial real estate development platform focused on world-class execution, innovation, and creating high quality and experiential places. SPP’s first project, Water Street Tampa, is being developed on over 50 acres of land the company owns or controls in downtown Tampa along the waterfront. The phased Water Street Tampa development project intends to revitalize the currently underutilized tract of land and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9 million square feet of new commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling over $3 billion in private investment from SPP. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, design quality, and wellness, SPP intends to create, own and operate a new world-class neighborhood in in Tampa, while also elevating the City’s national prominence. SPP is a long-term investor and has incredibly strong financial resources, making Water Street Tampa one of the most secure and well-capitalized real estate development projects in the country.
The Senior Manager, Finance reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for the leadership and development of the Finance team, analysis and underwriting of real estate development projects, and overseeing analytical support across the company. This position will play a key role in the financial planning processes, including budgeting, forecasting, and developing and monitoring performance metrics. The successful candidate must have finance experience in a real estate development organization. He/she excels at dealing with tight timelines, ambiguity, and multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS• Oversee the real estate development pro-forma models using Microsoft Excel.
• Interpret, synthesize and articulate economic and business data and its impacts on SPP.
• Lead the underwriting process for real estate development projects.
• Support the negotiation and closing process for real estate transactions.
• Lead market research on economic and real estate issues.
• Create ad-hoc reports and analyses to support all projects and SPP assets.
• Prepare and make comprehensive presentations on projects and SPP assets and
communicate professionally before an audience.
• Manage budgeting, variance analysis, and other corporate finance activities.
• Collaborate cross functionally with internal team members and external consultants.
• Become proficient in SPP’s financial reporting system, Yardi, in order to
provide reporting and prepare analytics for management.
• Bachelor’s degree required in finance, economics, real estate, or related field.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Graduate degree, MBA, or CFA designation a plus.
• 6+ years of financial analytical work experience.
• 3+ years finance experience in real estate development—preferably in range of
asset classes (hospitality, mixed use, multifamily, retail, community space, etc.).
• Demonstrated knowledge of finance practices and procedures necessary to control
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. In particular, advanced skills
in complex Excel spreadsheet development.
• Ability to create comprehensive, accurate financial models that strike a balance of detail,
speed, scalability, and transferability.
• Strong skills as a manager with the ability to oversee and motivate internal and external resources.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing and challenging situations.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities.
• Understanding/knowledge of real estate concepts.
• Drive to complete projects with hard deadlines with little direction.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong and open working relationships.