Strategic Property Partners (“SPP”) is a joint venture between Cascade Investment LLC, and Jeff Vinik. The firm was formed to create a visionary new commercial real estate development platform focused on world-class execution, innovation, and creating high quality and experiential places. SPP’s first project, Water Street Tampa, is being developed on over 50 acres of land the company owns or controls in downtown Tampa along the waterfront. The phased Water Street Tampa development project intends to revitalize the currently underutilized tract of land and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9 million square feet of new commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling over $3 billion in private investment from SPP. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, design quality, and wellness, SPP intends to create, own and operate a new world-class neighborhood in in Tampa, while also elevating the City’s national prominence. SPP is a long-term investor and has incredibly strong financial resources, making Water Street Tampa one of the most secure and well-capitalized real estate development projects in the country. To learn more please visit www.spprealestate.com and www.waterstreettampa.com.
The Asset Manager will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the real estate development, construction, marketing and leasing teams. This position is responsible for the formulation and implementation of long-term asset management strategy across use types (office, retail, residential, hospitality, cultural, and parking) and maximizing the performance of a growing mixed-use portfolio.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS• Support all aspects of the administrative, financial, and operations of SPP’s real estate portfolio.
• Conduct financial analyses, monitor operations, and implement actions to maximize long-term return on investment.
• Complete budgets, monitor expenses, and analyze and report variances.
• Provide regular reporting of operational and financial results.
• Partner with property managers and leasing agents to implement actions to maximize long-term return on investment.
• Address tenant issues with property management swiftly and in a professional manner.
• Assist in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions.
• Cultivate strong relationships among retailers and within the real estate community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES• Bachelor’s degree required in finance, economics, accounting, real estate, or related field.
• Industry Accreditations Preferred (CCIM, etc.)
• 5+ years of proven experience in asset management.
• Advanced skills in Yardi, Argus, VTS or other similar property management software application.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with the ability to develop spreadsheets in Excel.
• Knowledge of financial concepts and ability to perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and DCF modeling.
• Ability to create comprehensive reports and executive summaries.
• Customer-service oriented. Professional, positive, polished, diplomatic, and cooperative are required characteristics.
• Strong skills as a manager with the ability to oversee and motivate internal and external resources.
• Ability to create partnerships with internal Finance, Accounting, and Senior Management teams to execute retail business plans.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing and challenging situations.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities.
• Drive to complete projects with hard deadlines and little direction.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong and open working relationships.