|Title:||Analyst, Real Estate Development|
SPP is a joint venture between Cascade Investment LLC, and Jeff Vinik. The firm was formed to create a visionary new commercial real estate development platform focused on world-class execution, innovation, and creating high quality and experiential places. SPP’s first project, Water Street Tampa, is being developed on over 50 acres of land the company owns or controls in downtown Tampa along the waterfront. The phased Water Street Tampa development project intends to revitalize the currently underutilized tract of land and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9 million square feet of new commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling over $3 billion in private investment from SPP. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, design quality, and wellness, SPP intends to create, own and operate a new world-class neighborhood in in Tampa, while also elevating the City’s national prominence. SPP is a long-term investor and has incredibly strong financial resources, making Water Street Tampa one of the most secure and well-capitalized real estate development projects in the country.
The Analyst, Development works with the development team to assist in all aspects of the development process of complex urban development projects. This includes all phases of development including zoning, entitlements, design, permitting, construction, leasing, and disposition.
Love urban planning? So do we. Interested in collaborating with cutting edge architects, landscape architects and urban planners? You will at SPP. Interested in building a district filled with thoughtfully and beautifully designed buildings and public spaces that help people lead healthier lives? Thought so. Welcome to SPP.
You will join forces with a fast-growing, energetic team of leaders in real estate development in Tampa, Florida.
• Assist in preparing and monitoring budgets, including preparation of monthly loan draw package and investor reports. Create basic financial analyses.
• Assist in obtaining project entitlements and permits, including meetings with County staff to negotiate outstanding issues.
• Assist in RFP and contracting process for architects, engineers, contractors, and other outside consultants.
• Compare consultant proposals and scopes, and formulate recommendations for the development team.
• Track project schedules and monitor progress and delays.
• Review contractor invoices for accuracy and compare to applicable proposals/contracts.
• Attend design and/or construction meetings.
• Work with financial analysts to keep project-specific economic models up to date.
• Coordinate meetings between development staff and vendors, partners and customers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1+ years in Real Estate Development
• Passion for the field of real estate development
• Strong quantitative abilities with knowledge of financial modeling and financial statements
• Strong problem-solving capabilities
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Superb written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing and challenging situations
• Must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment