|Title:||VP, Director of Technology and Innovation|
SPP is a joint venture between Cascade Investment LLC, and Jeff Vinik. The firm was formed to create a visionary new commercial real estate development platform focused on world-class execution, innovation, and creating high quality and experiential places. SPP’s first project, Water Street Tampa, is being developed on over 50 acres of land the company owns or controls in downtown Tampa along the waterfront. The phased Water Street Tampa development project intends to revitalize the currently underutilized tract of land and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9 million square feet of new commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling over $3 billion in private investment from SPP. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, design quality, and wellness, SPP intends to create, own and operate a new world-class neighborhood in in Tampa, while also elevating the City’s national prominence. SPP is a long-term investor and has incredibly strong financial resources, making Water Street Tampa one of the most secure and well-capitalized real estate development projects in the country.
Reporting to the EVP, Director of Development, the VP, Technology & Innovation will help build one of the United States’ first truly “connected cities” from the ground up. The position will manage all technology initiatives for SPP’s Water Street Project. The VP will own the technology platform and balance big picture perspectives with hands-on execution to devise economically-viable solutions for SPP’s Water Street Project. S/he will lead technology strategy and deployment for complex real estate projects from conception to completion while providing enjoyable experiences to end users.
We are searching for a visionary and tactical professional. This newly created role will lead complex technology initiatives embedded in the built environment; balancing enterprise technology operational requirements while creating an innovative and industry-leading outstanding user experience. S/he will balance the big picture perspective with hands-on execution to devise execution to devise economically-viable solutions for complex, cross-functional projects from concept to completion. The VP understands current technology standards and emerging trends as a function of real estate development, construction and operations. Supporting a broad set of initiatives for SPP, the VP will work closely with various stakeholders in the planning, configuration and use of technology.
Responsibilities include oversight of technology implementation through SPP controlled physical infrastructure, critical building systems, management and operational platforms. Technology initiatives will improve and streamline resident, visitor, tenant and neighbor experience and uniquely position the Water Street Project. The VP will maintain existing technology partnerships and build additional collaborations that further SPP’s connected city vision. Our vision includes smart city applications in internet connectivity, energy use, parking, traffic management, resident and visitor safety, wellness (air quality, etc.), lighting and public transit. The successful candidate will have deep experience in building technology and infrastructure systems, as well as passion for smart cities, new technology and engaging the end user.
• Develop a strategic business plan for technology initiatives in SPP’s district, touching all aspects of real estate development, construction and management.
• Oversee a team of world class consultants, leveraging best in class thinking to implement SPP’s connected city vision.
• Aligns technology goals and objectives within SPP’s strategic plan.
• Craft and implement tenant and customer facing technology/products, positioning SPP’s development to include innovative digital products that enhance the end user experience
• Designs and implements district wide building and energy technology programs for existing assets and new development projects.
• Assist the Development Teams in selection of building systems and infrastructure, improving the tenant experience while reducing the operational costs of the assets.
• Works in partnership with the Executive Team to plan and manage the technology strategy and operations standards.
• Works cross functionally with development to give voice to technology initiatives with consultants (including-architects, landscape designers, urban planners and other vendors).
• Integrate with the WELL and Sustainability teams, ensuring that district technology supports SPP’s WELL and Sustainability goals. (https://www.wellcertified.com/)
• Plan, organize, direct and lead the technology strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for SPP’s Water Street project.
• Lead the development of energy programs to improve operation and design efficiencies. Develop strategic investment recommendations on energy systems and equipment for new and existing properties.
• Accountable for property energy performance including energy conservation, demand response and building controls.
• Ability to be a spokesperson for SPP with the community on all technology inquiries.
• Review submittals for new technologies and able to make recommendations to the SPP executive team.
• Attends development/construction meetings and maintains technological strategic focus while collaborating cross functionally.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES• Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science or IT related field-preferred.
• 7+ years of technology or technology consulting experience, with a focus on real estate specific integration/implementation.
• Experience in Enterprise Architecture.
• Demonstrated ability to develop business plans, through financial and qualitative analytics.
• Demonstrated expertise in a variety of building technology concepts, practices and procedures.
• Working knowledge of commercial real estate development on large scale projects. including a strong understanding of the development lifecycle.
• Working knowledge and curiosity for IoT, smart buildings and cities.
• Must be able to see the “big picture” while focusing on small components of overall vision.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in PowerPoint and Data Visualization.
• Outstanding planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing and challenging situations.
• Must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to present information in both oral and written form in a clear, concise manner.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities; able to analyze and resolve complex issues.
• Understanding of the real estate industry.
• Sharp analytical skills and investigative mind with an attention to detail.
• Ability and willingness to invest time and effort to complete projects with hard deadlines.