|Title:||Vice President, Technology & Innovation|
Strategic Property Partners (“SPP”) is a real estate development joint venture between Cascade Investment, LLC, and Jeff Vinik. SPP owns or controls more than 50 acres in southern downtown on the Tampa waterfront. The phased development project intends to revitalize the surrounding area and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9 million square feet of commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling approximately $3 billion of investment. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, design quality and wellness, SPP intends to create a world-class development for Tampa. To learn more please visit www.spprealestate.com.
Reporting to the EVP, Director of Development, the Vice President, Technology & Innovation will help build one of the United States’ first truly “connected cities” from the ground up. The position will manage all technology initiatives in the SPP’s Channelside District. The VP, Technology & Innovation will own the technology platform and be able to balance big picture perspectives with hands-on execution to devise economically-viable solutions for complex projects from conception to completion while providing enjoyable experiences to end users.
Responsibilities include oversight of technology implementation through SPP controlled physical infrastructure, critical building systems, management and operational platforms. Technology initiatives will improve and streamline resident, visitor, tenant and neighbor experience and uniquely position SPP’s project and downtown Tampa. The VP will maintain existing technology partnerships and build additional collaborations that further SPP’s connected city vision. The successful candidate will have deep experience in building technology and infrastructure systems, as well as passion for smart cities, new technology and engaging the end user.
The VP, Technology & Innovation joins forces with a growing, energetic team of real estate development leaders in Tampa, Florida.
• Develop a strategic business plan for technology initiatives in SPP’s district, touching all aspects of development and management of the real estate
• Oversee a team of world class consultants, leveraging best in class thinking to implement SPP’s connected city vision
• Craft and implement tenant and customer facing technology/products, positioning SPP’s development at to include innovative digital products that enhance the end user experience
• Assist the Development Teams in selection of building systems and infrastructure, improving the tenant experience while reducing the operational costs of the assets
• Integrate with the WELL and Sustainability teams, ensuring that district technology supports SPP’s WELL and Sustainability goals
• Develop and oversee strategic public and private partnerships, maximizing the impact and ability for technology and big data to transform the Project and its surroundings
• Manage SPP’s technology and information systems infrastructure, overseeing the vendor selection and partnerships for physical infrastructure
• Lead the team effort to create smart parking solutions
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science or IT related field-preferred
• 7+ years of technology or technology consulting experience, with a focus on real estate specific integration/implementation
• Experience in Enterprise Architecture
• Demonstrated ability to develop business plans, through financial and qualitative analytics
• Must be able to see the “big picture” while focusing on small components of overall vision
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in PowerPoint and Data Visualization
• Must demonstrate desire and ability to partner with all functional areas of the company to achieve business success
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing and challenging situations
• Must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
• Ability to present information in both oral and written form in a clear, concise manner
• Strong problem-solving capabilities; able to analyze and resolve complex issues
• Understanding of the real estate industry
• Sharp analytical skills and investigative mind with an attention to detail
• Ability and willingness to invest time and effort to complete projects with hard deadlines.
• Self-driven to complete tasks with little direction