|Title:||Senior Analyst, Development|
Strategic Property Partners (“SPP”) is a joint venture between Cascade Investment LLC, and Jeff Vinik. The firm was formed to create a visionary new commercial real estate development platform focused on world-class execution, innovation, and creating high quality and experiential places. SPP’s first project, Water Street Tampa, is being developed on over 50 acres of land the company owns or controls in downtown Tampa along the waterfront. The phased Water Street Tampa development project intends to revitalize the currently underutilized tract of land and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9 million square feet of new commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling over $3 billion in private investment from SPP. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, design quality, and wellness, SPP intends to create, own and operate a new world-class neighborhood in in Tampa, while also elevating the City’s national prominence. SPP is a long-term investor and has incredibly strong financial resources, making Water Street Tampa one of the most secure and well-capitalized real estate development projects in the country. To learn more please visit www.spprealestate.com and www.waterstreettampa.com.
The Senior Analyst, Development works with the development team to assist in all aspects of the development process for Water Street Tampa, a complex urban development. This includes all phases of development including zoning, entitlements, design, permitting, construction, leasing and disposition. The Senior Analyst will partner with a Development Manager on several development projects spanning asset classes.
The Senior Analyst joins forces with a best-in-class, energetic team of real estate development leaders in Tampa, Florida.
• Serves as point of contact for development projects with consultants, partner agencies, community organizations, political officials and sponsors on discrete projects.
• Prepares and maintains current performance metrics that include: predevelopment budget, development budget, construction cost, cash flow and project timeline.
• Coordinates input from consultants and internal constituents such as Property/Asset Management and Finance teams at appropriate milestones and appropriately influences the development process.
• Assists with the management of design criteria and program for the building and site along with the project architect, general contractor and building end-users.
• Reviews architectural drawings, specifications and construction cost items.
• Review consultant/contractor invoices for accuracy against approved budgets and contracts.
• Process funding requests and capital calls.
• Reviews and assists with term negotiations and conditions for various development-related agreements with project attorneys, including but not limited to architect and general contractor contracts, other contractor/consultant contracts, etc.
• Works with construction administration to manage activities, including: monitoring construction progress and quality, coordinating sponsor contributions, administering the development budget and coordinating contractor payments.
• Researches best development practices and makes recommendations to senior leadership team on incorporation of the same.
• Prepares and presents to internal and external audiences.
• Develops strong working relationships cross functionally within SPP.
• Understands key SPP metrics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• An undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, or real estate is required.
• Three plus years of related real estate development experience. Preference for candidates with direct, mixed-use development experience.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (including advanced Excel knowledge).
• Analytical mindset: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
• Project Management: Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; assists with project completion on time and budget; coordinates project team activities; organizes or schedules interns and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Technical Skills: Reading architectural and engineering drawings, site planning, architectural design, government entitlements such as zoning, construction techniques, real estate law, negotiations.
• Leadership: participates in relevant annual budgeting and strategic planning; sets clear expectations for direct reports and internal/external partners, including role and responsibilities, deadlines, communication regarding progress, and provides feedback; works effectively with internal support services (finance, human resources, IT, and development).
• Outstanding Oral and Written Communication Skills.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; able to build morale and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Adaptability: Manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; effectively communicates changes to relevant stakeholders.
• Initiative: Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.