|Title:||VP, Construction Management-Office|
Strategic Property Partners (“SPP”) is a joint venture between Cascade Investment LLC, and Jeff Vinik. The firm was formed to create a visionary new commercial real estate development platform focused on world-class execution, innovation, and creating high quality and experiential places. SPP’s first project, Water Street Tampa, is being developed on over 50 acres of land the company owns or controls in downtown Tampa along the waterfront. The phased Water Street Tampa development project intends to revitalize the currently underutilized tract of land and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9 million square feet of new commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling over $3 billion in private investment from SPP. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, design quality, and wellness, SPP intends to create, own and operate a new world-class neighborhood in in Tampa, while also elevating the City’s national prominence. SPP is a long-term investor and has incredibly strong financial resources, making Water Street Tampa one of the most secure and well-capitalized real estate development projects in the country. To learn more please visit www.spprealestate.com and www.waterstreettampa.com.
We are searching for an experienced and entrepreneurial VP, Construction Management to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the EVP, Director of Construction The VP, Construction Management works closely and collaboratively with development and finance to plan and execute office construction projects. During the design and planning stages the VP, Construction Management will review, evaluate and advise the EVP, Director of Construction of cost impacts, constructability issues and schedule implications. Once construction begins the VP, Construction Management acts as the developers’ onsite representative overseeing all aspects of construction. The VP, Construction Management joins forces with a growing, energetic team of real estate development leaders in Tampa, Florida.
• Lead and coordinate project management for a high volume of construction projects from inception to completion, including: project planning, cost estimation, budget preparation, bidding, procurement, scheduling, permitting, inspections, quality control, risk management, and project closeout.
• Develop project scope, budgets, and timelines, including construction documentation, insuring timely and efficient design development for each project.
• Coordinate selection, qualification, and hiring of general contractors, subcontractors, and other service providers as needed.
• Monitor and drive contractor and subcontractor performance (safety, quality, schedule, budget) for each project.
• Manage costs within budget and maintain accurate project cost records. Insure invoices are submitted, approved and submitted in a timely manner.
• Review all change order requests, allowance and owner change orders for approval.
• Review all project closeout documents with the general contractor and owner prior to contract close out.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10-15 years experience in Construction Management with a real estate developer or general contractor overseeing large complex multi-year office construction projects.
• Experience with high-rise construction required.
• Experience with Class A/B Office construction, required.
• Experience with all real estate asset classes preferred, expertise with one of more of the following hospitality, mixed-use, residential and/or office preferred.
• Strong technical construction knowledge and background, including understanding of construction systems, methods, and costs.
• Excellent budgeting, negotiation, problem solving and communication abilities.
• High attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Strong, persuasive and motivational communication skills.