|Title:||VP, Construction Management-Office|
Strategic Property Partners, LLC ("SPP") is the partnership between Cascade Investment LLC, and Jeff Vinik. SPP is a full-service commercial real estate development firm focused on world-class execution, innovation, and creating high quality and experiential places. SPP's first project, Water Street Tampa, is being developed on over 50 acres of land the company controls in downtown Tampa along the waterfront. The phased Water Street Tampa development project is revitalizing the currently underutilized tract of land to create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9 million square feet of new commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling over $3 billion in private investment from SPP. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, design quality, and wellness, SPP will create, own and operate this new world-class neighborhood in Tampa, while also elevating the city's national prominence.
We are searching for an experienced and entrepreneurial VP, Construction Management to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the EVP, Director of Construction The VP, Construction Management works closely and collaboratively with development and finance to plan and execute office construction projects. During the design and planning stages the VP, Construction Management will review, evaluate and advise the EVP, Director of Construction of cost impacts, constructability issues and schedule implications. Once construction begins the VP, Construction Management acts as the developers’ onsite representative overseeing all aspects of construction. The VP, Construction Management joins forces with a growing, energetic team of real estate development leaders in Tampa, Florida.
• Lead and coordinate project management for a high volume of construction projects from inception to completion, including: project planning, cost estimation, budget preparation, bidding, procurement, scheduling, permitting, inspections, quality control, risk management, and project closeout.
• Develop project scope, budgets, and timelines, including construction documentation, insuring timely and efficient design development for each project.
• Coordinate selection, qualification, and hiring of general contractors, subcontractors, and other service providers as needed.
• Monitor and drive contractor and subcontractor performance (safety, quality, schedule, budget) for each project.
• Manage costs within budget and maintain accurate project cost records. Insure invoices are submitted, approved and submitted in a timely manner.
• Review all change order requests, allowance and owner change orders for approval.
• Review all project closeout documents with the general contractor and owner prior to contract close out.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10-15 years experience in Construction Management with a real estate developer or general contractor overseeing large complex multi-year office construction projects
• Experience with high-rise construction from pre-construction to completion
• Experience with Class A/B Office construction
• Strong technical construction knowledge and background, including understanding of construction systems, methods, and costs.
• Excellent budgeting, negotiation, problem solving and communication abilities.
• High attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with all real estate asset classes; expertise with one of more of the following hospitality, mixed-use, residential and/or office in an urban setting
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Strong, persuasive and motivational communication skills.