|Title:||Manager, Real Estate Development|
Strategic Property Partners (“SPP”) is a real estate development joint venture between Cascade Investment, LLC, and Jeff Vinik. SPP owns or controls more than 50 acres in southern downtown on the Tampa waterfront. The phased development project intends to revitalize the surrounding area and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9,000,000 square feet of commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling approximately $3 billion of investment. Integrating principles of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, quality and wellness, SPP intends to create a world-class development for Tampa. To learn more please visit www.spprealestate.com.
Strategic Property Partners, LLC (SPP) is looking a Manager, Real Estate Development to join our team. Love creating the built environment? So do we. Interested in collaborating with cutting edge architects, landscape architects and urban planners? You will at SPP. Interested in building a district filled with thoughtfully and beautifully designed buildings and public spaces that help people lead healthier lives? Thought so. Welcome to SPP.
Reporting to the EVP, Director of Development the Manager leads an internal team and external consultants from project inception through design and acts as an Owner’s Representative through the completion of the development. The Senior Manager joins forces with a growing, energetic team of real estate development leaders in Tampa, Florida.
• Prepares project feasibility analysis and makes recommendations to the senior leadership team for advancing projects.
• Evaluates and secures zoning and other local government entitlements required for development.
• Serves as point of contact for development projects with consultants, partner agencies, community organizations, political officials and sponsors on discrete projects.
• Prepares and maintains current performance metrics that include: predevelopment budget, development budget, construction cost, cash flow and project timeline.
• Coordinates input from consultants and internal constituents such as Property/Asset Management and Finance teams at appropriate milestones and appropriately influences the development process.
• Under oversight identifies, interviews, selects and oversees contractors and consultants, which include: architect, general contractor, attorneys, appraisers, surveyors, green consultants, environmental consultants, auditors and others as needed.
• Manages to design criteria and program for the building and site along with the project architect, general contractor and building end-users.
• Reviews architectural drawings, specifications and construction cost items.
• Review consultant/contractor invoices for accuracy against approved budgets and contracts.
• Process funding requests and capital calls.
• Reviews and negotiates terms and conditions for various development-related agreements with project attorneys, including but not limited to architect and general contractor contracts, other contractor/consultant contracts, etc.
• Work with construction administration to manage activities, including: monitoring construction progress and quality, coordinating sponsor contributions, administering the development budget and coordinating contractor payments.
• Researches best development practices and makes recommendations to senior leadership team on incorporation of the same.
• Presentations to internal and external audiences.
• Develops strong working relationships cross functionally within SPP.
• Understands key SPP metrics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• An undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, or real estate is required; MBA or Masters in Real Estate preferred.
• Three plus years of real estate development experience. Preference for candidates that have worked across all asset areas (office, hotel, residential, retail, mixed use, high-rise and arts).
• Proficiency in Yardi and Microsoft Office Suite (including advanced Excel knowledge)
• Analytical mindset: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
• Project Management: Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities; organizes or schedules interns and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Technical Skills: Reading architectural and engineering drawings, site planning, architectural design, government entitlements such as zoning, construction techniques, real estate law, negotiations.
• Leadership: participates in relevant annual budgeting and strategic planning; sets clear expectations for direct reports and internal/external partners, including role and responsibilities, deadlines, communication regarding progress, and provides feedback; works effectively with internal support services (finance, human resources, IT, and development).
• Outstanding Oral and Written Communication Skills.
• Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; able to build morale and supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Adaptability: Manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; effectively communicates changes to relevant stakeholders.
• Initiative: Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.