Strategic Property Partners (“SPP”) is a real estate development joint venture between Cascade Investment, LLC, and Jeff Vinik. SPP owns or controls more than 50 acres in southern downtown on the Tampa waterfront. The phased development project intends to revitalize the surrounding area and create an urban, mixed-use waterfront district consisting of approximately 9,000,000 square feet of commercial, residential, hospitality, cultural, entertainment, education, and retail uses, totaling approximately $3 billion of investment. Integrating principals of walkability, sustainability, connectivity, quality and wellness, SPP intends to create a world-class development for Tampa. To learn more please visit www.spprealestate.com.
The Financial Analyst reports to the VP, Finance and supports the Chief Financial Officer and the business by informing investment decisions through financial analysis, underwriting real estate acquisition & development opportunities, tracking performance of existing assets, and completing various ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests. This position analyzes data (investment, economic, market, statistical, etc.), articulates assumptions and findings, and recommends course of action. The successful candidate will have a passion for finance and thrive in a fast-paced, accountable environment.
• Update and/or create investment models and proformas using Microsoft Excel and Argus.
• Analyzing perspective investments to help increase margins and cash flows.
• Work with team members at all levels on underwriting, due diligence, and investor presentations.
• Analyze rents, occupancies, budgets and financials, while working closely with other business groups to provide support and direction on business plans.
• Perform market research on economic and real estate issues.
• Develop key, dynamic performance metrics, providing senior executives with actionable, strategic data.
• Create ad-hoc reports / analyses to support all projects and SPP assets.
• Provide regular update presentations on projects and SPP assets.
• Become proficient in SPP’s financial reporting system, Yardi, in order to provide reporting and prepare analytics for management.
• Assist with budgeting, variance analysis, and other corporate finance activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree required in finance or real estate.
• One to three years of financial analytical work experience, preferably in a real estate, hospitality, or other investment-oriented firm.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. In particular, advanced skills in complex Excel spreadsheet development and financial modeling.
• Outstanding PowerPoint skills.
• Argus proficiency strongly preferred.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing and challenging situations.
• Must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to present information in both oral and written form in a clear, concise manner.
• Strong problem-solving capabilities.
• Understanding of basic real estate concepts.
• Sharp analytical skills and investigative mind with an attention to detail.
• Ability and willingness to invest time and effort to complete projects with hard deadlines.
• Self-driven to complete tasks with little direction.
• Must demonstrate desire and ability to partner with all functional areas of the company to achieve business success.